I am Helen McCann director of Centric Coaching Plus. Over the past 30 years I have worked with individuals and teams of all ages and cultural mix to support their personal development and growth. I have worked in both the private and public sectors in a variety of roles in education, health, human relationship fields and management. My entrepreneurial spirit and my commitment to building strong healthy communities led me to spear head the setting up of two community trusts, a community market, Youth sports group, work cooperative and consultancy business. In 2009, I took a new direction and decided that coaching is where I want to put my energy and heart. In 2009 Centric Coaching Plus Ltd. was born.
Coaching is a powerful medium that enables people to get what they want and be accountable and in charge of the process that gets them there. That coaching guides people to gain positive results, is backed up by international research and my own direct experience. Knowing this fuels my enthusiasm and commitment to share my knowledge and expertise through coaching.
The Plus side of the business allows me to do the other areas that I get joy from and have skills to deliver including team building, workplace cultural change and external supervision .
Through my rich experiences and privilege of working with so many great people and organisations, I found that the common themes directing many people’s lives are
- seeking personal happiness,
- developing better relationships,
- doing meaningful work and
- receiving acknowledgement for the unique gifts they bring into the word.
Coaching Philosophy “People have all the answers they need to live an abundant productive life”
I see coaching as a powerful medium for optimising potential, renewing energy, creating motivation and enabling you to create the time and space to have the personal and professional life you always wanted. In the coaching partnership, you are the lead expert on your life and set the agenda, pace and outcomes for each coaching session.
Coaching Role “Awareness is the antecedent to choice”
My role as your coach is firstly to listen and then question. It is in the questioning that leads you to new insights and perspectives on yourself and your situation so that you can strategise, make plans, take action and move forward on your goals.
When you are struggling with self-limiting beliefs such as procrastination, resistance to change or fear of success, I will provide insight and encouragement using a range of coaching strategies that leave you feeling energised and in charge.
I am committed to helping you keep focused and on tract and will challenge you to become the successful person you know you can be. As you achieve your goals, I will help you evaluate, acknowledge and celebrate your success
Coaching Style “A powerful motivator for change is to have someone truly listen to what I say”
Clients use the following words to describe my approach to coaching: warm, intuitive, positive, strength based, action orientated, respectful, inclusive, values based, laughter, creative, clear processes, empowering, inspirational, practical, dynamic, clear, and WOW!
Qualifications “Knowledge is meaningful when used to create a healthier, safer and more caring world”
- MA (first class hons) University of Auckland
- BA/BEd conjoint University of Auckland
- PostGrad Dip Professional Supervision (distinction) University of Auckland
- Coach U coaching fast track & Licensed Facilitator for the Coaching Clinic – Coach U
- International Coaching Federation – Exec Team Auckland sub chapter -lead Marketing Portfolio; 2009 ICFA Conference Team member
- 4years Workplace coach CMDHB
- Private practice – Pacific Consultants and Centric Coaching Plus Ltd.
- Organisational Learning and Development Consultant –manage organisational training programme; designed and delivered topics such as resilience, team success, and communication skills
- MBTI credited assessor – design and deliver individual and team feedback and development sessions
- Licensed Lominger facilitator for Leadership Architect 101
- Train the Trainer – MoW coordinator for Rural Women’s Project –design and deliver range of training programmes on interpersonal and leadership skills
“Sometimes we need to step out of ourselves & step into the bold, outrageous and unthinkable”
I like hiking, camping, aqua jogging, reading, traveling, meeting new people, learning, music (anything) and dancing. My greatest joy comes from spending time with my wonderful family and friends.
I have lived and worked in some wonderful places such as Mexico, Australia, Solomon Islands and Indonesia.
In the Solomon Islands I taught 71 five year olds, taught aerobics at one of the main hotels and starred in a local production of Little Shop of Horrors. I have had a long love affair with Indonesia -. I love the diversity of the people and their warm acceptance of difference, the food, language and beauty. I lived on a small island off of Flores for almost 5 years and had my two youngest children there, have a degree in Indonesian and won a scholarship to study in Sumatra.
“What you see is what you get. Believe in yourself”
“I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say because of you I didn’t give up” unknown